The Doyle Inn is pleased to invite you to the two informal trainings focusing on basic practical skills in civil litigation. We are applying for 2 CLE’s for each of our sessions. There is no charge for attendees.
Cross Examination – What You Need to Know
This first session will focus on the successful cross examination of witnesses at trial in civil cases. It is entitled “Cross Examination – What You Need to Know”. The purpose of this session is to provide young lawyers with practical advice on cross examining a witness at trial. It will be held from 4:00 – 6:00 PM on Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at the downtown office of Wheeler, Trigg, O’Donnell at 370 Seventeenth Street, Suite 4500 Denver, Colorado 80202-5647.Our instructors will include Kevin Traskos, Civil Chief, Office of the United States Attorney for the District of Colorado and Craig May from Wheeler, Trigg and O’Donnell.
How to Navigate Private Practice-What You Need to Know
Our second session will be held on April 15, 2015. It is entitled “How to Navigate Private Practice-What You Need to Know.” This two-hour CLE will include a panel discussion on what lawyers need to know before entering into private practice. The topics will include:
The importance of finding a mentor
- Partner’s expectations-what the new attorney should know
- Finding the right firm for you (focusing on the differences in size of firm, culture, and type of work)
- The billable hour-how to manage this
- Work life balance-is there such a thing
- Private practice is not the end of your public service identity-ways to incorporate public service into your practice
- Mistakes to avoid as a young lawyer at a new firm
- What law school doesn’t teach you
- Transitioning from associate to partner
- Solo Practice
It will be held from 4:00 – 6:00 PM on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at the downtown office of Holland & Hart, LLP, 555 17th Street, Suite 3200 Denver, CO 80202.
Our instructors will include John Tatlock, Special Counsel at Harris Family Law, Craig May, Partner at Wheeler, Trigg and O’Donnell, Nancy Rodgers, Partner at Kissinger & Fellman, John Watson, Partner Bernbaum Weinshienk, P.C., and Wadi Muhaisen, Partner Muhaisen & Muhaisen, LLC.
Materials will be distributed ahead of time so participants will have examples for future use.
Please RSVP to email@example.com